Friday, January 19, 2007

Good News and the Picks

The good news just keeps flowing at Ike Krizzule Talks Sports. I started this blog because I am currently in between jobs, but this week I found out that won't be for much longer. I still plan to continue to write, its actually been pretty fun, just giving an excuse as to why I've seemed kind of lazy.

More good news followed this week, as I've had 3 more people stumble onto the site. In addition to last weeks visit from Sacramento, we added visits from Honolulu, Vancouver and Aulla (which I think is in Italy). I'm just guessing, but I think the Honolulu visit was in relation to the Michelle Wie piece and the Vancouver and Aulla visits might have been related to the Toronto Raptors and mention of Bargnani. Sure would be nice to know, if only they left comments (hint, hint)

And now its Friday, and Friday means football picks (or so I've decreed). So without further adieu here are the picks.

BEARS over Saints
Its going to be another week where the Bears rely on Rex Grossman to manage the game, limit his mistakes, and make about 3-4 really big plays that lead to scores. He wasn't perfect last week against Seattle, but he did enough to win. If the Bears can get that kind of effort or better from him, combined with a solid running game and their usual solid defense, they should win this game.

Everyone seems to want to rally behind the Saints due to the recent struggles in New Orleans, and I do feel for the people of Louisiana, but when I feel like something like this is shoved down my throats I tend to get angry and go the other way. They could definitely win this game, and that woudl be great for their city, but I don't see it happening. The city of Chicago has been waiting for their Bears to break through for a while now, and this is the year.
Add Image
Patriots over COLTS
"In the end I just think history shows when in doubt take the Patriots". I wrote that last week, and I think I've gotta stand by it again. The Patriots have earned the respect over the past few years that I think they are my favorites until they lose. Especially when its against the team they've haunted in playoffs past. Especially when its against the player I love to hate in Peyton Manning.

When you look at them talent-wise and statistically it really does seem like the Colts should be able to beat them easily (and maybe they will), but that's how it always looks with the Patriots until they pull out another win nobody thought they'd get. This could be the year they get stripped of too many pieces, suffer injuries to guys they need, and Peyton finally pulls one out. But until I watch it with my 2 eyes glued to a television on Sunday, I'm taking what history has taught me and I'm taking the Patriots.
Add Image

No comments: